ISO (International Organization for Standardization)
Information Technology — Service Management
Part 1: Service Management System Requirements
You are a service organization and you want to provide your customers with intangible benefits, including an infrastruacture or an advice.
You know that success in the service sector requires understanding and meeting your customers’ expectations; you are aware that these expectations are constantly changing.
You want to integrate new methods and management frameworks/methodologies of differentiating services into your organisation’s management system.
You want to strengthen your existing organization by implementing services management that benefits your organization and your stakeholders.
You want to reduce your operating costs with greater efficiency and a more standardized way of operating.
What is ISO 20000-1 ?
ISO/IEC 20000-1 is an international standard for IT service management systems. The standard was published jointly by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) and the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) in 2018.
ISO is an independent, non-governmental international organization with a membership of 165 national standards bodies. Through its members, it brings together experts to share knowledge and develop voluntary, consensus-based, market relevant international standards that support innovation and provide solutions to global challenges.
ISO/IEC 20000-1 specifies requirements for an organization to establish, implement, maintain and continually improve a service management system (SMS). The requirements specified in this standard include the planning, design, transition, delivery and improvement of services to meet the service requirements and deliver value. This standard can be used by costumers as well as organisations and service providers.
This solution will help your organisation to fulfill the requirements of ISO/IEC 20000-1 and moreover, maintain compliance with this standard.
Use our software solution to prepare for ISO 20000-1 certification
Within the scope of the SMS that manages and delivers services to customers, your organization might be part of a larger organization, such as a department within a large company. Regardless of the size of your organization, by relying on our software solution,
1. Managing responsible governance for compliance with your structure
- Ready to use or fully customizable: be operational in one to thirty days.
- Friendly interfaces.
- Coverage of all your current and future compliance needs.
- Step-by-step steps, adapted from beginner to expert.
- Unlimited users.
- Tutorials for self-learning the solution.
- Premium online support.
- A global and instantaneous view of the state of data compliance in the information system and compliance with ISO 20000-1 requirements.
- Performance indicators.
- Dashboards and custom reports.
- Harmonized working methods.
2. Identifying your compliance with the requirements for your structure
- Clarification of complexities by reconciling common requirements, control points and compliance actions with your obligations.
- Pre-identification of requirements applied by granularity (Organization, Subcontractor, …).
- Proof of compliance, non-applicability required for each point of requirement.
- Collaborative audits and controls.
3. Creating and prioritizing actions to be carried out if non-compliant
- A structured, intuitive and collaborative framework for continuous improvement.
- Single entry.
- Automated action plan with pre-powered modifiable recommendations.
- Managing collaborative compliance actions.
- Action accountability .
4. Risk management with a reviewed and regularly updated best practices guide
Implementation guide provided for each requirement point.
5. Compliance Documentation to Prove Your Compliance
Mandatory documentation as part of the implementation and certification.
- Training of a proof base for audit and/or certification track.
- Documentary Management Centre.
- Consistency of documentation.
6. Training and Awareness
Team formation, with integrated training register.
7. Compliance Checks and Audits
- Preparing your audits and/or certification.
- Collaborative questionnaires.
- Automatic analysis of results.
- Guide in the preparation of your certification.
NB: The text of the standard and its user fees must be purchased separately.
Smart Global Governance products can be activated independently of each other according to the level of compliance you wish to address.
Smart Global Governance is the operational software solution to automate key processes in Ethics, Compliance and Controls. It can be used for implementation and compliance management with all local and international regulations as well as internal controls and procedures.